Engaging a Wills Specialist
Your Will acts as the final word on what happens to your estate when you die. It’s not necessarily something you want to think about, but it’s important to put any feelings of mortality to one side for a moment.
A Will ensures that your estate goes exactly where you want it to go; this can provide great peace of mind for yourself and your friends and family. By liaising with a Wills specialist you can be sure of getting the legal support you need to ensure your Will properly reflects your wishes.
Wills: what should you bear in mind?
The finality of a Will and the impact of its contents can be daunting. Nonetheless, it’s possible to make your life a little easier, by keeping the following in mind:
- Value Your Estate: It’s important to value your estate accurately to guarantee that your finances are in order. Therefore, you will need to look at both your assets (property, savings, personal belongings) and your liabilities (debts, loans, overdrafts) to establish your estate’s value.
- Dividing Your Estate: As any Wills specialist will remind you, the culmination of the Wills process is final. Accordingly, you need to pay considerable thought towards who will benefit from your estate. Weighing up the pros and cons of each recipient should be considered a major priority.
- Choosing Executors: The people in charge of distributing your estate once your Will is actioned are known as executors. It’s a role which demands attention and responsibility, so you need to carefully consider who you entrust this to.
- Get proper support: The complexities of the law, and Wills in particular, are such that writing a Will on your own is not recommended. Instead it’s advisable to engage with a Wills solicitor to make sure it’s prepared correctly and fully considered.
What Makes a Good Wills Lawyer?
We understand that finalising your Will can be a difficult process for many, and we’ll support and guide you along the way. We pride ourselves on the following:
- Excellent Communication: Articulate and capable of breaking down complex legal details into something that is easily understood.
- Decision Making: Able to make firm decisions and explain why these are the best for your situation. This knowledge will be built upon a foundation of personal experience and we can demonstrate that we know how to achieve results.
Final thoughts on Wills
The main objective of all Wills specialists is to minimise the stress of the Wills process. The legal regulations involved can feel like a burden, but you can lessen the load by partnering with an experienced Wills solicitor.
At Horizon Law, our expertise and experience will result in a final Will which takes care of every eventuality and guarantee peace of mind.
For more information, don’t hesitate to get in touch and speak to one of our legal team.