We are always looking to recruit talented, career-minded people to join our ever-expanding, professional and friendly company. If you think you have the necessary skills, abilities and qualities, and areas of expertise, then we would be happy to hear from you.
The prime role of the Conveyancing Assistant is to run his/her own files with appropriate supervision. This will include, but will not be limited to, the main responsibilities given below. The Conveyancing Assistant is expected to use a high degree of self-management and initiative and to maintain a high level of confidentiality.
- To be the main point of contact for clients in the absence of his/her Principal.
- To build relationships with clients and internal and external contacts on behalf of the team.
- To attend clients/contacts in person and on the telephone and to provide such support in a professional and friendly manner in keeping with the Firm’s standards for client care.
- To maintain relevant client information including rates, billing procedures and keeping the team members informed.
- To request billing guides and draft bills and deal with interim billing as appropriate.
- To use initiative to prepare correspondence and legal documents using case management and to ensure a high quality of the documents, faxes and photocopies.
- To progress case management within the limit of their ability as requested by their supervisor.
- To open and close files.
- To prepare mail and enclosures for despatch.
- To maintain and update the filing systems.
- To answer the telephones promptly, taking messages and following up where necessary in a pro-active manner.
- To use initiative to progress files within the limits of his/her own ability.
- To undertake any specific training when required to do so and overall to have a responsibility towards self-development.
Essential Skills & qualifications
- Have an in-depth knowledge and understanding of the progress of Conveyancing matters.
- Competent typing ability.
- Have excellent organisational and communication skills.
Desirable Skills & qualifications
- Knowledge of Leap case management system.
Send us your CV and Covering Letter
If you are interested in starting a career with us, please email/send by post, a copy of your CV, together with a covering letter to:
Mr Guy Wheatcroft, Horizon Law Ltd, Highstone House, 165 High Street, Barnet EN5 5SU
Please email your CV and covering letter to email@example.com